Ingredients: 1 cup Foxtail Millet ground , 1 cup Gram flour (besan) , 1 Cup Curd , 1 Teaspoon Eno’s fruit salt or ½ teaspoon baking powder, 1 Tablespoon Sunflower Oil, 1 Teaspoon Sunflower Oil for seasoning, 1 Spring Curry leaves, Finely chopped 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds, 1 Tablespoon Sesame seeds (Til seeds), 2 Coriander Leaves Finely chopped, Salt to taste For the Spinach Puree : 2 cups Spinach, 1 Green Chilli, 1 inch Ginger, 1 Teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- To begin making the Spinach Foxtail Millet Dhokla Recipe, Prepare a dhokla steamer, fill with water and grease the dhokla plates. Keep aside.
- Grind the spinach, cumin seeds, green Chilli and ginger in a mixer and add some water to make it into a smooth puree.
- Combine the Foxtail millet flour, Besan, spinach puree, yogurt and a little salt in a large mixing bowl. Add a little water at a time to make a thick batter up to 1 – ½ cup Allow the mixture to rest for 5 minutes.
- Preheat a steamer with water and place the dhokla batter for steaming. Steam on high heat for about 10 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Once steamed, remove the Spinach Foxtail Millet Dhokla from the steamer and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Add in the mustard seeds, sesame seeds and curry leaves and allow it to crackle. Turn off heat and pour the seasoning over the dhoklas and cut them into squares or diamonds.
- Serve the Dhokla recipe along with Green Chutney.