Ingredients: 1 cup EatMillet Foxtail Millet Upma Rava , 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds, 1 teaspoon White Urad Dal (Split), 1/4 cup Raw Peanuts (Moongphali), 1/4 cup Carrot (Gajjar) chopped, 1 sprig Curry leaves, roughly chopped, 1 inch Ginger, Grated 2 Green Chillies, Finely chopped, 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi), 1 Lemon juiced, Salt to taste, 1 tablespoon Sesame (Gingelly) Oil, Coriander (Dhania) Leaves – a small bunch finely chopped.
- Add the cup of EatMillet Foxtail Millet Upma Rava in a pressure cooker, add 1-1/2 cups of water and pressure cook for a couple of whistles. Once cooked the Rava should be grainy.
- Keep the remaining ingredients handy, as this recipe will be made in a jiffy.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan or kadai, add the mustard seeds, the urad dal and peanuts.
- Once the dal is golden brown and roasted, add the curry leaves, ginger, green chillies, turmeric powder and stir for a few seconds.Add carrots and saute for about a minute or two, till the carrots are softened.
- Add the cooked EatMillet Foxtail Millet Upma Rava, sprinkle some salt and give it a good stir until all the ingredients have combined well and the millets get well coated. Turn the heat to low, cover the pan and allow the lemon millet to steam along with the seasonings for a couple of minutes.
- And squeeze the lemon juice and give the millet a good stir. Check the salt and spice levels and adjust to suit your taste.Turn off the heat and stir in the chopped coriander leaves and serve.
- Serve Millet Lemon Rice With tomato onion raita, or plain yogurt.