Ingredients: 1/2 cup EatMillet Foxtail Millet Upma rava , 1/2 cup Yellow Moong Dal (Split), 2 Green Chillies , 1 Tsp Cumin seeds (Jeera), 2 Tsp Whole Black Peppercorns , 1 sprig Curry leaves, 8 Cashew nuts , 1/4 Tsp Asafoetida (hing) , 1 Tsp Ginger , chopped , 2 Tsp Ghee 1 Tsp Sunflower Oil, Salt to taste.
- First dry roast foxtail millet Upma Rava and moong dal in a hot kadai. This will bring a nice aroma to the Pongal.
- Wash & soak roasted foxtail millet Upma Rava and moong dal together for about 1 hour. Soaking helps in faster cooking.
- In a pressure cooker, add the soaked EatMillet Foxtail millet Upma rava, Dal, 4 cups of water, whole green chilies and pressure cook for 3-4 whistles or until soft.
- Once pressure is released, remove the cooker lid and mash the mixture using a ladle.
- In a deep bottom pan, add ghee and roast cashews in hot ghee until they turn golden brown. Remove cashews and keep them aside.
- Into the same pan, add oil, once hot, add cumin seeds, peppercorns, asafoetida, salt, chopped ginger and curry leaves. Sauté for a minute or two. Now add cooked Eat Millet foxtail millet – Upma rava and mix it well making sure no lumps are formed.Reduce the flame and cook it for 5 minutes.
- Serve the EatMillet Foxtail Millet Upma rava Pongal hot with red chilli coconut chutney and Mixed Vegetable Sambar or even spicy lemon pickle goes well with Pongal.